We have been using VEGAN CHEESE POWDER to season our food at home for some years now, and it is INCREDIBLE! It is the most delicious seasoning for nuts like pili nuts and macadamia, but it can be sprinkled over boiled vegetables etc to add extra 'cheesy' taste.
Available in 70g (glass jar) and 150g (refill bag).
- Rich in Vitamin Bs
This delicious cheese-taste comes from the combination of three natural ingredients: non-GMO nutritional yeast, Himalayan pink salt and organic onion powder.
Nutritional yeast alone has a very weak taste so you really need to use a lot of it. By adding a bit of onion and salt, it becomes more pleasing to your taste buds - just try it!
[How to use]
Just use it like normal salt. 1 teaspoon of this powder contains 174mg of sodium from Himalayan pink salt. 1 teaspoon is one serving, it has literally no calorie.
"Cheesy" vegetables: broccoli & cauliflower
- Boil for a minute (for crunchy texture) or for a few minutes (for softer texture)
- Pour some good fats over them (i.e. saturated fats such as grass-fed ghee, butter, coconut oil or even MCT oil)
- Sprinkle VEGAN CHEESE POWDER to your liking.
"Cheesy" nuts / popcorn
- It is easier for VEGAN CHEESE POWDER to stick if nuts or popcorns are slightly coated with oil. Make sure you use quality, saturated fat, like coconut oil, grass-fed ghee, grass-fed butter or even MCT oil!
- Coat them with VEGAN CHEESE POWDER to your liking.
It is a great way to please vegetable-hating children. Suitable to be used for baby foods in small amount to add extra taste. Home-made sourdough Einkorn pasta with grass-fed ghee+ vegan cheese seasoning has been a favourite side dish for our 3 year-old boy for a while!
Serving size 2g (1 tsp): total energy 4kcal, total fat 0g, protein 0.7g, total carbs 0.6g, fiber 0.4g, sugar 0.0g, sodium 198mg.