[Powdered] Non-GMO Erythritol - zero carb zero calorie sweetener 250g
This product is currently sold out.
Erythritol is a guilt-free, sugar-substitute, which has zero calories, zero net carb and health benefits. This product is now POWDERED, so that it is much easily dissolved in water, hot beverage, shakes and so on. This makes your baked goods taste much better because it binds with wet ingredients much better, allowing even distribution.
Net weight: 250g, packed in a kraft bag.
- Fermented – it is made by fermenting the natural sugar found in non-GMO corn.
- Heat stable up to 160 degrees C. Substitute sugar with erythritol in your cooking!
- Non-caloric – While most sugar alcohols are low calorie, erythritol has zero calories.
- Non-glycemic - Does not raise blood sugar – erythritol is considered suitable for people with diabetes because it does not raise plasma glucose or insulin levels.
- The easiest sugar alcohol to digest – more than 90% of erythritol is absorbed in the small intestine, so minimal amounts reach the colon where other sugar alcohols end up causing diarrhea and other symptoms. Studies have shown that erythritol is even easier to digest than xylitol.
- Noncarcinogenic– studies have shown that erythritol, like xylitol, does not have carcinogenic properties.
- An antioxidant – erythritol helps to fight free radicals, responsible for the aging process. It is considered to be even more efficient than other sugar alcohols because it is so readily absorbed and yet not metabolized (it is excreted unchanged).
Erythritol has the status of generally recognized as safe (GRAS) from the FDA and is widely used in many other countries like Japan, the European Union, Mexico and Canada.
We like erythritol because it has clean taste without funny aftertaste like stevia has. It has a pleasant cooling-taste as it is naturally-occurring sugar alcohol but it will not make you drunk! It does not raise blood glucose or insulin levels so you will not experience any sugar high from taking erythritol.
How to use
Like sugar. However, it is less sweet than sucrose. If you are used to taking a teaspoon of sugar in your coffee, then just take a heaping teaspoonful, just a bit more than you used to take, and try it. If you do not like the cooling after taste, you can also try our xylitol instead, or mix 50:50 in your cooking, especially if you want to bake something. Or try Keto Sweet, which includes monk fruit extract.
How is it manufactured?
It sounds like a complicated chemical but it is not, in fact erythritol is naturally found in fruits and vegetables. Erythritol is the first polyol to be industrially manufactured by a fermentation process. The starting material is a simple sugar-rich substrate that is fermented using conventional yeast to yield erythritol. The product is then crystalized to 99.5% purity from the filtered and concentrated fermentation broth.
November 2020. Keep in dry, cool place.